Monday, January 12, 2009

Too sweet, so simple

Tomorrow is Jason's birthday. Now, I've been a little worried that we're not doing enough for his birthday. We don't have any party plans, just a couple families hanging out at Chuck E. Cheese. We don't have many presents. And coming off of Christmas, I don't have much energy but I want him to feel special on his special day. Turns out I don't need to do much! He has basketball practice so we're making cupcakes to bring to the practice. While making the cupcakes, Jason declared, "this is the funnest part of my birthday!" Yippee! I'm on the right track. Then after washing off the chocolate mess, Jason tells Beth, "the best part of my birthday is being with you." And she responds, "thanks brother," and gives him a hug. Ok, if that isn't the sweetest thing ever, I don't know what is! I quickly wrote the words down so I wouldn't forget and then we took the cupcakes out of the oven. Oh how I like when life is sweet and simple!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Belated Birthday to Jason! 6, right? 6?! Hard to believe.

Happy Birthday, Jason. You're an awesome big brother and a wonderful son. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Marcie, Bill, Hannah & Abigail