Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On the 9th Day of Christmas we opened presents!

Ok, so yesterday was Epiphany, the 12th Day of Christmas, but I'm only on day 9...so I didn't post every day. Bear with me, only a few more to go and today's post is Christmas morning, how much fun is that!

We had a lot of fun with the kids on Christmas. There were lots of presents and lots of playing and overall, lots of happy sounds. We had a great Christmas dinner (I have to share a short story...we've been working on Jason's manners with food. He is VERY picky and doesn't like many foods but we make him try things, take at least one bite, and do so with a smile on his face. And most important, we're working on him being gracious ever since he told a family that brought food while I was on bedrest, "I don't like any of that food you brought." Well, Jason wasn't too excited about most of the Christmas dinner. He doesn't like sweet potatoes or broccoli or ham (so he thought at first sight). He stared at his plate and looked at me and I gave him one of those fake smile serious faces that said, "be polite or else!" Jason proceeded to sweetly say, "Thanks Aunt Marj for making all this food for everyone else!" We all laughed at his beautiful attempt at a compliment, and he did end up loving the ham. As for the broccoli...we're still working on that. Ok, back to our Christmas...) We finished the night watching one of Aunt Marj's new presents, "Kung Fu, Panda." It was a very relaxing and enjoyable Christmas in Virginia, and here are a bunch of pictures to show you just how much fun we had!
The Incredible Hulk hands were a big hit. I would recommend them. The light sabers were fun, too.
Mr. Grumpy got a hat that says Dwarfs fear me :)Cole was disappointed that the Wiggles bag didn't have a Wiggles toy in it!
Can you read Adam's present? Jason helped me wrap by doing the labeling. He wrote, "TOO ADAM" I thought it was cute and didn't correct him so all our presents said that.

Beth loved her cousins' dogs. Here she's playing with Daisy. Maybe next year we'll be ready to put a puppy under the tree for her...
Jill got very little (she doesn't need anything!) but she enjoyed watching everyone!

No comments: