Sunday, January 11, 2009

On the 12th Day of Christmas we celebrated Epiphany!

(Should have been written on January 6.) It's the last day of Christmas - Epiphany. We're back home, unpacked (mostly:) and now it's time to celebrate the Wise Men's visit. We had a special dinner, made Gingerbread houses and opened one last final present. We lit the candles and read the Christmas story again.It was a fun day that the kids looked forward to for days, and it gave a nice ending to the Christmas season (we don't pack up our tree and decorations until January 7 and this year it wasn't until the 9th of January!) Now the gingerbread houses are usually (but not always) part of the pre-Christmas activities but time got away from me (or I procrastinated because I didn't want to do it by myself as this is a huge family tradition for me) and we finally made our houses on Epiphany, the last day of Christmas! The kids all did a great job and they were very proud of their work. Jason had me cut a door out of his house so he could put a rug inside.
Beth made pink frosting and has a story about Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus to go with her house.

And Adam...I thought he'd just eat the candy and I'd do most of the decorating but no, he was really into it and did an amazing job! I was so proud :) Thanks Grandma for our Gingerbread mold! It worked great and took away any excuse I might have made to not do houses this year :) For pictures of last year's houses, click here.

No comments: