Friday, August 22, 2008

Flashback: Happy Birthday to me!

Ok, I got pictures for this post and was going to write about my birthday adventure back in June (and I still will) when I realized, I'm writing this on my mom's birthday! Happy birthday, Mom! I'm sorry that I'm stuck at home and can't shop for the most wonderful present for you but then you deserve the sun, the moon and the stars and how could I do that :) Just know that we love you and look forward to seeing you soon! Have a great birthday weekend!




Here's my mom hanging out with her grandkids.





As for my birthday, I was supposed to get a surprise trip to Georgia but Andrew couldn't handle not telling me (he knew deep down I needed the comfort of knowing I was going to be escaping the craziness of being a single mom for 5 weeks while packing and moving and he was right!) so it wasn't a surprise. It was, however, the biggest blessing at the perfect time! One of the best parts was knowing my friends and family were ready to pay for the plane ticket to send me! They knew how important it was for me to see Andrew (and to escape). Turns out Andrew's company pays for a ticket for the spouse to house hunt, what a deal! The plane ride, sitting by myself reading and playing on board trivia (seriously addictive!) was a great birthday present! And dinner out with Andrew 3 nights in a row was pretty fabulous, too (I think I gained 5 pounds that week! It's hard to say no to dessert when the company's footing the bill!) And I got to see our house that we were one week away from closing on (good thing I liked it, in fact they had to drag me away because of Medieval Times reservations). It was a fabulous trip with the only bad part flying home alone leaving Andrew in Georgia for another week alone on my actual birthday. At least writing this now, the difficult parts are already becoming distant memories...

When I came down the escalator after my flight home, I was welcomed by the three most beautiful children in the world dressed in their Sunday best holding flowers and balloons that they had each picked out (Thank you Stephanie for putting that together). As soon as Adam saw me halfway down the escalator he starts yelling, "I have flower for you, mommy!" Ok, I don't cry much but how could you not! I'm rarely away from my kids for hours let alone 3 1/2 days! I cried, people stared and said awww...it was a Hallmark moment. I wish I had a picture of them standing and waiting there but I don't think I'll ever forget it anyway...Here's Beth and Jason waiting for my luggage so you can get an idea...

While I was gone, the kids had made a cake for me (thank you, Nana Roberta for your patience and assistance in making my wonderful cake). We took it to Casey's and had dinner and cake there on my actual birthday.














Then the next night was girl's night out (yes, I am spoiled by many people who love me :) It was so relaxing to just sit and talk and eat pizza and pizzookies with friends. Thank you! And their gift to me...a day at the spa!


I got a pregnancy massage and milk bath. It was amazing! I want to go again (and am already planning it, girls, for when I'm in California for Easter and not pregnant so I can enjoy the hot tubs, saunas, etc...) but the massage...wow, driving home I was so relaxed I started to wonder if I was a safe driver! I had entered a zone and hadn't returned to reality yet! Thanks Krista, for watching my kids so I could enjoy that (and then feeding us all dinner that night :) What more can I say, a birthday to remember for sure!

No comments: