Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Choir



Jason and Beth sang in church the Sunday before Christmas with the other 2-5 year olds in their Sunday School class. They sang Mary had a baby and Away in a Manger, so cute! It was a bit chaotic with all those kids, teachers and parents but adorable, nonetheless. It really amuses me that we as parents force our children to stand on stage so they can be cute and we can take pictures but then half of them cry, fewer than that sing and the others look around and wonder over all the fuss. The best part is that no matter what they did while up there, they always seem to be proud of their "performance" after we clap and they get to leave the stage. Some sort of performance sense of reality, I guess. I have to brag a little because Jason was fabulous. He sang out and did all the hand gestures, and standing there a head above the rest he really stood out in his shirt and tie (which he picked out himself so he could look like daddy, awww...) He is the oldest in the class so I guess I should expect him to do a good job but I was truly impressed and proud of his performance. And even though she was really nervous, Beth quietly stood next to Jason and did all the motions while mouthing the words. I wish I could upload the video I took so you could see how amazingly cute and amusing they all were but until I get a more modern video camera, you'll just have to look at the pictures and imagine :)

No comments: