Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Our Piano

We recently acquired a free piano. I am soooo grateful. We had a large electronic keyboard that was great but a key recently broke off (we have four kids, who knows what happened?) but I really wanted to teach our children how to play the piano. To the rescue - my mom finds out about a free piano, woo hoo! Best part is that my amazing husband gave up a Saturday morning to drive an hour north. He organized friends to help, and then used his amazing strength to move our piano and get it safely to it's new home. Thank you, Andrew!
I have already taken Jason to his first lesson. He's practicing regularly and doing great. And Beth then takes her turn all on her own and copies everything he has done. I guess I should begin her official lessons, too. Even Jill loves to play. This picture was taken after she took the book out of the bench, set it up, climbed onto the bench, and began playing. She's ready, and if you've seen her super long fingers, you'll know how happy we are that she's eager to begin playing, too.

No comments: