Monday, November 22, 2010

Adam writes...

Today Jason and Beth summarized our recent lessons for a notebook page. I wrote their summary on the whiteboard for them to then copy. While doing this, Adam was drawing on his whiteboard, a common activity for him. He usually draws pictures or practices his letters or writes his name. I honestly wasn't paying much attention to him as he worked until he was two lines in and I realized he wasn't writing random letters or doodling. He was doing the same thing as Jason and Beth. He was copying the Revolutionary War summary. I was shocked, impressed, and proud. And little does he know, but he just showed me a little of what he's truly capable of, hee, hee, hee...

What he's written: The Colonists thought the British were unfair. They wro...and then he ran out of room (in case you're wondering, They wrote the Declaration of Independence, fought the Revolutionary War, and won!) I do find it somewhat amusing that he doesn't write left to right but rather zig zag - left to right on line one, right to left on line 2 (the T and S are reversed) and left to right on line three and right to left on line four ending in the U of unfair which continues on the next line. He's adorable and I can't wait to see what he does next!

No comments: