Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thank you

Someone asked me how I've been doing with four kids. I was explaining that it's challenging getting anything done and how I'm looking forward to getting into my groove in the next few weeks (or months?) Then they asked if my husband was a help at all and I smiled. Yes, he's a help. He's the most amazing help I could ask for. Truly, I'm not sure I would have been willing to have four children if he were a different man. Sure I would step up to the plate and do it all if I had to but I wouldn't choose to live that way. Take last night, for instance. I'd had a hard day, nothing major just one of those days where you're running late and the elevator's broken kind of days. That night Andrew took all four kids, and I went to Target by myself. If you know me, you know unleashing me in Target by myself is huge! I felt myself relaxing in minutes of Christmas shopping, alone! And then I got to come home to Andrew lying on the couch watching tv holding his baby girl. He'd already put the other kids to bed, and all was peaceful.

Thank you, Andrew, for being you, the most perfect you for me. And thank you, God, for bringing us together.

No comments: