Monday, April 28, 2008

Meme (cuz I was tagged)


Nancy tagged me so while the kids are watching a movie I'm going to share the following tidbits of info with whoever wants to read it...

What I was doing 10 years ago: I was in my second year of law school, wow! Seems like ages ago and then again wasn't that just yesterday? I was studying for finals and actually, right about now I went to a Billy Joel concert (one of the best concerts ever!) the night before my Admin final (still got a B, so worth it!)

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. it's monday so I'm doing laundry
2. watch my sister's boys while she takes the oldest to the ortho (oh wait, that didn't happen cuz she was running late and had no time to drop them off but I thought it was on my to-do list!)
3. homework for my parenting class
4. make dinner! (I've been lagging in this department since I got pregnant!)
5. play with my kids

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. chocolate
2. cheese and crackers
3. a bowl of cereal
4. cookies :)
5. Andrew's homemade granola (it's covered in melted chocolate and peanut butter but also has lots of good stuff like Almond meal, oats, and something else I'm forgetting)

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. buy houses for family
2. pay off my school loans
3. give the church lots and lots and then some
4. put away for kid's schooling and future
5. donate to missionaries and organizations helping people with the love of Christ

5 bad habits
1. procrastination (have to agree with you there Nancy)
2. lazy
3. eating bad foods when I know better
4. lazy
5. whining (hmmm...maybe that's where Beth gets it)

5 places I've lived
This is hard to limit to 5 so I'm just going to list in order: North Hollywood, CA; somewhere else in SoCal; Idaho; Moorpark & Thousand Oaks, CA; back to North Hollywood, CA; Santa Cruz, CA; Washington, DC; Orange County and here I am until...we'll see what's next!

5 jobs I've had
1. summer daycare worker (9 summers!)
2. gas station full service attendant (yes, I will check your oil and fill your tires!)
3. annual fund caller (you know the annoying ones where a student calls alums asking for money, yes, I was that annoying student for 2 years!)
4. legal intern at EPA and DOJ
5. 8th grade science teacher for two long grueling years!

Now I'm tagging anyone who reads this (does anyone actually read this?)



3 comments:

Dawn Coleman said...

I read it! :-)
I didn't know you went to law school!?

Nancy said...

Yay! Thanks for doing this! It was fun to learn more about you and to be reminded about things (ie. law school, living in DC, etc.) I always forget the law school thing. Maybe because when we met you, you were doing the 8th grade science thing!
Please pass on to Andrew that the hand shaking thing doesn't work in Maryland, just in PA...central PA, that is. And maybe, California? You guys would have to tell me that since I've never been under general anesthesia way out on the west coast.

Gretchen said...

I read your blog, Jocelyn!!