Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My two friends Mickey and Goofy

All of our kids have been fans of some character or other around 2 years old. For Jason it was the Wiggles and for Beth it was Elmo. For Adam it is Mickey Mouse. He loves watching Mickey cartoons and Disney sing-along videos (yes, videos, we still have 2 working VCRs and it's a good thing since over half our children's movies are hand-me-down videos.) He carries his stuffed Mickey around (Goofy, too) and sleeps with them both. Now, I've wondered about this love and had theories about where it came from, how it developed. I figured it had to do something with Disneyland and our many visits over the last year during such a formative time in his life. But then I took this picture of him and I remembered...it started in the beginning and it was our doing...because here he is, not yet 2 months old, where it all started...And now he'll tell you his two friends are Mickey and Goofy.

No comments: