Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grandma Mae's Birthday

My Grandma turned 90 years young a few weeks ago and we had a party to celebrate. I can't begin to express what my Grandma means to me and our family so I'm not sure I should try. She lost her husband before I was born, and even though I have many other grandparents, I grew up with Grandma Mae as the matriarch figure in my life. She has always been there, this strong loving force who always focused on family. She always has a story to tell, a hug to give, and cookies to share. She loves Jesus, prays for us all, and shares her love with all around her (especially children!) I've always been proud to call her my Grandma and am so thankful God gave me her. I could go on and on about how wonderful she is but I'll never do her justice so I'll just stop and say Happy Birthday, Grandma! I love you.
Here's my Grandma conducting us all in singing Happy Birthday to her. She had a great party with friends and family from all over. It was so fun to watch her being showered with attention all day (and to see her eating it up!)
Here's my mom expressing her love in song. Another beautiful moment in a beautiful day.

No comments: