Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A moment...


Sometimes when my kids are just being kids in the middle of all the craziness, I get these moments of peace when I just see them and realize how much I love them and how incredibly happy I am to have them in my life. It's like God gives me these glimpses and waves of joy to remind me how blessed I am. They hit me at what really seems like random moments and I usually smile, send up a prayer of thanks, and move on, but the other day we were at the Discovery Science Center and I had a moment. It was crowded and I was tired so we escaped to the toddler play area (no school group kids allowed :) I had a chance to just sit and watch my kids play. As I sat there watching them play, realizing how happy they were and how free and innocent and young they were, I was overcome with love for them. And because I had my camera I took this picture so I could remember how much I love my kids, what a gift they are to me, and how much joy I can feel in just a moment of watching them together. So while this picture on it's own is nothing spectacular, not even very good quality, it's beautiful to me because it's me in a moment overwhelmed with love for them.

No comments: