Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Her own style








Anyone who sees Beth on a regular basis will confirm what I am about to say: Beth has a unique style. Now all 3 year olds have their own style, they're learning to dress themselves, gaining independence...I know this. But Beth goes the extra step to be just that much more unique. What I find oh so amazing about her style is that she can have uniqueness and yet, still be pink from head to toe! Whether it's the 80's headband, or the winter cap and sunglasses or the 4 shades of pink, she always draws comments. Here are some examples to further demonstrate...


Her pink glasses are a regular part of her attire. I hope she never has to wear glasses but at least I know she'd be pefectly content (as long as they were pink!)
Beth loves wearing headbands but refuses to wear them on top of her head. A friend confessed to me the other day that she'll be sad when the "80 tennis player" look is no more. Yes, as wrong as the look may be, it will be sad when she grows out of it.

Beth attended a princess tea birthday party last week. They dressed the girls up, did their hair, nails and makeup. It was an incredible, almost too cute place, creating a very special evening for a princess like Beth!

Recently we went to Disneyland. Beth had been wanting to attend the Princess Faire so I told her to put on a princess dress and we would go. Much to my surprise, she came out of her room in her sequin flapper dress-up dress. She has a beautiful Cinderella gown and an Ariel dress but regardless of my urging, she wanted to wear her sequin gown. You see, it matches her Minnie Mouse princess hat and she wanted to be a Minnie Mouse princess this particular day. I'm thinking, "great, I'm going to stand in line to take pictures with all the princesses and she's going to be dressed, well, not like a princess!" But I gave up and we headed to Disneyland. While waiting in line with all the other princesses, Beth got more than one, "what a fun dress," and I kept telling myself "it's good to be different." And then when it was our turn, who do you suppose the first princess was? Yes, Minnie Mouse! I could not believe it! And the photographer further validates Beth's clothing choice saying, "Wow, Princess Minnie, I didn't know you had a sister!" Mom learned a lesson that day - let Beth be Beth.



No comments: