Friday, September 21, 2012

A Once in a Lifetime Experience

It started at home as we watched the Space Shuttle Endeavor take off from Edward's Air Force Base from the comfort of our own living room.
We then got on our red, white, and blue and headed to the Queen Mary in Long Beach to see the flyby live.
It was so fun to be standing there with hundreds of people cheering as Endeavour flew overhead.
 I love this picture Beth took with a bird flying under the plane...
I told Beth after this shot though to stop taking pictures and to just watch.
 I did the same, and it was incredible!
I'm thankful for this once in a lifetime experience, and that I could share it with my kids.  It was even worth the two hours of traffic getting out of Long Beach, especially when Adam told me later that day, "I can still see the Space Shuttle on that airplane in my head."
I told him to save that image deep in his head cuz someday he's going to want to tell his grandchildren about today.
Interestingly enough, when we headed to the Discovery Science Center that afternoon (while foster baby was at a visit) we noticed that the Space Shuttle Cabin in the parking lot says Endeavor!
I did some research and it's a training simulator, an exact copy of the Endeavor that is no longer needed.  What a day!
 
 
 

No comments: