Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Star Wars @ Discovery Science Center

Our science museum has a special exhibit right now:
 This was not an option.  We were going.  We bought the tickets and scheduled a day to visit right around Andrew's birthday.
 Here our princess shows us her magnetic car, which she was the first to build correctly to hover.
(note flash was not allowed so the pictures are a bit dark but considering the lighting, I was pleased with what I got!)
 And here's Andrew riding the museum's life size hover craft.
 There were many actual Star Wars Movie props, accessories, and costumes on display...very cool!
My favorite character :) 
 "Help me Obi-Wan, you're our only hope."
 (The bobby pins got annoying so her buns were undone at this point :)

Jason built this robot and then downloaded instructions to command it to go from start to finish (input time and direction to go step by step.)  It was a very cool activity...I actually wish everyone would have waited for me to have a turn.
 Adam and a very cool land speeder (don't we all wish we had one of our own!)
 I could have spent a lot more time just staring at each individual piece.  It was a great exhibit.
...and oh yeah, there was science involved.  Jason watched many videos on the "how to." 
And his favorite exhibit - the one that had nothing to do with Star Wars!?! 
He liked this look into transportation for the future (appropriately, he had just been asking me what I thought people were trying to do in the world of transportation for the future, no joke! 
I love when life's questions get answered :) 

No comments: