Sunday, April 29, 2012

Jesus, Friend of this Sinner

I was blessed this morning to serve the homeless.  Volunteers make and serve breakfast every Sunday morning at a nearby church where they then attend a church service. 
I confess...I didn't want to serve this morning.  I had my own ideas of what would be fun today, of what I wanted to do today...but I had committed myself, said I would help weeks ago so there I went...And there, I was blessed...With every smile, every thank you, and every God bless you, Jesus filled me with his joy, his heart to serve His people.  A-maz-ing!
We are connected to this organization through my friend Stephanie because for years her dad served these people.  For years he was sick, dying from cancer, and he continued to serve.  Today Stephanie and her friends served...we're carrying on your legacy, Ben, as best we can, as only Jesus can do in each of us.
When we were done and I got into my car to head home this song was on the radio

...thank you, Jesus, friend of sinners, for loving on this sinner this morning!

No comments: