Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Turkey Time!  Bobby deep-fried our juicy turkeys and then carved them up, yummy!
Great Grandma Mae was the first one seated and waiting for the meal...isn't it a beautiful table!
There were many moments this Thanksgiving where I wish we had video...Grandma saying the prayer in Norwegian was the first.  She surprised all of us but it was beautiful. 
The second was Jill.  After we had passed around all of the food, poured the drinks, and taken our seats, she yells out, "But all I got was ham!"  Oops...I guess her parents forgot...
And then there was the impromptu Christmas sing-along.  I love singing Christmas music and doing that with family is that much sweeter.  I know some video was taken but did we capture the moment when Grandma walked in to join or when Andrew yelled out during Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire to correct "kids from one to 92" to 93 (Great Grandma Mae is 93 :)  So much fun!
And then there were pies...enough pie for everyone to have an entire pie!  So many yummy pies but where to begin!  Me...I had pumpkin made by my talented cousin Sara and then a piece of Grandma's lemon meringue and then I took a bunch home and had pie for days :)
Interestingly enough, most of my children don't like pie.  Knowing this I made sugar cookies for them to decorate.  Here are the results:
Jill successfully turned this heart into a turkey
Adam had an actual turkey shape to decorate
Isn't it beautiful?  Too good to eat...
Ok, maybe not...they were all gobbled up!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!
One last thought...thank you to my parents for hosting this fabulous event. 
It was a beautiful, relaxing day.  Thank you!!!

No comments: