Thursday, October 13, 2011

Meeting Katie

I began following a blog about a year ago on the suggestion of a friend.
http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/
I was in such awe over this girl's amazing dedication to the work of Christ.  She is living out her faith in Uganda in a way I can't imagine.  I don't want to attempt to do her story justice so watch this...
I thought having read her blog and watched some of her YouTube videos that maybe I didn't need to go hear her speak last Monday night but I went anyway so that I could bring Jason and expose him to her world.  I am so glad I went!  There was something powerful in seeing her live and in person.  She's real.  She's a real girl, really living this life.  It's easy to distance yourself from a video or blog but seeing her and watching her talk about stepping out in faith and enjoying the ride...well changes are a'coming cuz God wants more from us.  We can do more.  We will do more.  And it's going to be great!  Thank you, Katie for your glowing example to me!
...not only did we get to see her but she signed my book and took a photo with Jason.  She is just so adorable!!!

No comments: