Monday, October 18, 2010

July in North Carolina

Now I'm back-tracking even further! I did some summer catch-up blogging that covered most of June but I never got around to reporting all that happened in July, oh my! So here's a quick look...We spent most of July living with our cousins in North Carolina, both the Burns (with bonus visits from the Virginia Skellys) and the Longs.In case you haven't heard, this summer in the southeast was hot! It's always hot but this one was particularly hot! So what do you do with all these kids in the heat? Well, here's what we did - Play video games...And then use said video games to illuminate a card game during a storm-caused power outage...Wrestle Uncle Alan...Go to the mall and pretend to ride the kiddie rides...Try on your cousin's clothes...Lounge around with family...Play dress-up...Did I mention play video games (that happened A LOT)...Eat popsicles...And on the rare days that it was tolerable...hit the pool!Or if you're a Georgia Peach like our Jill, you sit on the porch in the overwhelming humidity and enjoy an afternoon storm.

We also went to some museums...I'll post those stories next.

No comments: