Monday, February 16, 2009

Jillian at 4 months...laughing!

Jillian is 4 months old! She's grabbing on to toys, focusing on people intently as they talk to her, wanting to sit up and stand....And on the day she turned 4 months old we were blessed with her first laugh. I was in the kitchen digging in the pantry as I made dinner when I heard it. I knew immediately what it was and ran over to her (she was hanging out in her swing watching me make dinner). She did it again! And hooray, the camera was right there so I immediately started the video and she did it again and again! So here's her third laugh and her fourth and...

It was soooo sweet hearing her voice that I got teary eyed. How do our kids do that to us over the simplest things? I think her laugh got me more than any of my other kids because she is so quiet. She doesn't coo or babble much so it's not like she made happy sounds and they slowly turned into a true laugh. It was sudden and beautiful. And yes, if you take the 30 seconds to watch the video you get to hear me trip over my own kid's names. I didn't do it much before, but four kids put me over the edge so Beth is often called Jill, Adam is Andrew, and my favorite, when I call Jill Beth and then while trying to correct myself, Jill is called Bill...that's life!

No comments: