Monday, October 6, 2008

Adam's 1st Haircut

All of our kids were bald babies and even bald one year olds. And none of them had any real volume of hair until about age 2 but it's soooooo blonde that it still doesn't seem like there's much there. Result: no one's had a haircut before 2 years old (Beth was almost 3). Well, Adam turned 2 in May and in June I realized it was time for a haircut. I started calling him my little Einstein as it had a mind of its own many days...
But life was busy, and truthfully, I was scared to cut it. I cut all my kid's hair but they're all different. Jason has the straightest hair ever! Super easy to cut with the nice straight lines but just as easy to really mess up as it shows every bad cut. And then Beth is a girl so it's just about trimming long hair and bangs. I know how to do that from my own experience. But Adam has curly little boy hair and even though everyone kept telling me it's easy, I was nervous. It is actually very hard to cut but mistakes don't show. His hair is very forgiving but I'm getting ahead of myself...Here we are in October and I still hadn't cut his hair. I got used to the length and liked it. And I knew once I cut it he would look older and I wasn't ready but then one day at a Soccer game I was playing with it and...I realized it was time. So Adam got a blue lollipop (have I mentioned blue is his favorite color. If something, anything is blue, it belongs to him!) and I began cutting...

Doesn't he look like a cupie doll you could put on a shelf!

Ok, let's try again...

much better!He does look super different and older but I'm glad I finally cut it. It looks much better and thankfully doesn't show all the errors that I am sure are there. It took me a day or two to not keep asking everyone, doesn't Adam look so different? But now he looks like himself again and we both survived his first haircut!

No comments: