Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

For Mother's Day my husband pampered me with a pedicure given by him! And even more sweet was that he modeled all of this for Jason who helped to pamper both Beth and I. It was adorable and so meaningful as he talked to Jason about Jesus washing the feet of his disciples and how we all need to love and serve each other. A truly beautiful family moment.

We then went to dinner at my favorite restaurant - BJ's Pizza (chicago style, yum!) - and then enjoyed our pizzookie dessert on the beach. The kids had so much fun at the beach. We weren't dressed for sand and water at all but they were just so excited to be there. They were seriously running and laughing nonstop and just as carefree as you would hope children would be! We just laughed the entire time (and I attempted to take pictures even though they just seemed unable to stop moving!)Jason stopped long enough for Daddy to roll up his jeans and so I could catch his beautiful face!

I resisted the desire to cringe at the thought of Beth playing in the sand and water in her dress. She so enjoyed twirling in the wind and rolling in the sand and running from the waves...I couldn't stop her and really didn't want to...Could Adam be any happier? He was a little shocked when a wave finally hit him and he got wet. He then started to yell at the waves to stay back! He recently learned in Sunday School that Jesus can stop the stormy waters and maybe he thinks he has similar abilities?

In the end everyone was wet and sandy...and we loved it!

PS I'm four months now and although I can still wear most of my regular clothes, I promise, a belly is emerging and will pop any day!

1 comment:

Dawn Coleman said...

Pizzokie on the beach... it doesn't get much better than that!! Those are great pictures, it looks like it was a fun day!