Saturday, September 8, 2007

Go Scorpions!




Today was Jason's first soccer game, our first event of this sort as parents. It was exciting, amusing and did we really just give up our Saturdays for 9 more weeks? Well, at least Jason loves playing. I told him after the game what a great job he did and he replied, "that's becase I want to win!" It's a good thing we don't keep score at this level. He'll be winning every week!
We put Jason in soccer because I realized I'm lazy and will do anything to stay inactive, and Jason will happily sit with me all day and do nothing but read books. I don't want my kids to be lazy and hate activity so we're turning to sports for some inspiration! And today Jason ran a lot and loved it, yea! And for never having played beyond his one 20 minute practice earlier this week, he had a good understanding of the game. At this level they only play 3 on 3, no goalies. But when the other team got the ball, Jason would head for the goal to protect it. We were all incredibly impressed with his natural instinct to protect the goal. And our mellow easygoing boy was quite the agressive player out there. All those years of teaching sharing did not mess up his drive to steal the ball! We'll see how he progresses but it looks like we'll be doing this soccer thing for many, many years! Go scorpions!

No comments: