Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Flight to North Carolina

2 checked bags

9 carry-ons (we could have had 10 but I didn't want to overdo it :)

1 stroller

4 kids

1 Mom

1 cast on Jill's leg

2 planes for our journey

19 cousins waiting for us on the east coast!
Lowlight: saying goodbye to Daddy at the curb...going to be a great vacation but so wish he could share the experience with us!
Highlight: the kids giggling as we flew through the clouds during our landing in Minneapolis...and the surrounding passengers enjoying the reminder of the simple joys in life as Jason squealed, "We're in a cloud!"

Lowlight: realizing the DVD player was not as charged as I had thought.

Highlight: realizing Jill and Adam could be happy and entertained without a DVD player. We colored and played Go Fish and ate lots of snacks :)

Lowlight: eating McDonald's because I didn't take the time to pack lunches, ugh!

Highlight: a flight attendant whispering to me, "you really have great kids!"

Truly, it was an uneventful trip. I even had help and patience going through security! Really the credit goes to my wonderful kids. I am so thankful for their servant hearts and their patience and willingness to help each other. It was a great trip because they made it great. Flying solo with four kids...I would do it again...and I will be in 5 weeks! Here's praying it goes just as smoothly...

No comments: