Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stone Mountain

A week before Jillian was born, our friends the Harris' came to visit. We hung out and played, went to the Aquarium, and enjoyed a day at Stone Mountain. What is Stone Mountain, you ask...I don't really know and I've been there! It's the largest stone in the country, or is it the world, I forget. And they've (I don't know who they are) carved confederate generals into the face of the stone. There's a train ride, a colonial village with forging and glass blowing demonstrations, a sky ride up the mountain and much, much more (but that's all we had time for that day :) Here's some pics of our adventures and our friends (we miss you, Matthew & Ellie!)
This is the kids in front of the carved mountain.Riding the skyride up the face of the mountain. This was a lot of fun as long as you like heights and don't mind being crammed into a little box with 40 people (it was a bit stuffy). It was worth it though to be on top of the mountain.The view down the face of the stone from the skyride. It's pretty high up there!Can you see the kids running across the stone? Andrew was shocked I let them run so freely until I showed him the picture of the big, strong fence just beyond those people. The view was pretty amazing. You can see downtown Atlanta.

And here I am with Krista one week before baby came, and may I recommend to all pregnant woman out there, don't go to Stone Mountain. There were many hills and it was hot and I just did not have the energy required to fully enjoy the experience. A woman asked me to have the baby on the skyride because that would be fun. I responded that that would be a great story but not at all fun! Luckily Jillian waited a week before making her big debut.

No comments: