Friday, October 16, 2009

Pennsylvania Trip - Part 3

Camping! We've wanted to camp with our kids since forever. Although if we really wanted to we would have made it happen, hmmm...I'll have to think about that. Anyway, our kids finally got to sleep in tents. They loved it, slept great, the weather was perfect, and we want to do it again! Just look at Jason proudly setting up camp...We have to do this again!Now, after two nights sleeping in a tent Jason asked, "when are we going to camp?" I looked at him and said with confusion, "we are camping." And he responded, "no, we haven't had a campfire and s'mores yet!" That's my boy! Andrew put him on "campfire duty" and together they built and maintained the fire for the next two nights. He was so proud and took the responsibility very seriously. Adam joined in as honorary assistant so all my boys made the trip a true camping experience. It was precious!
One more thing...I have to be honest...I enjoy camping, I don't mind getting dirty, and I can sleep just about anywhere but...there was an RV there and, because I had Jill, I was offered the bed inside...and I took it. I slept in there until the last night when I decided the weather had been nice, Jill could handle it, there was an extra tent, I was going to be a true camper. I share this because I want the world to know - I am proud of my sister-in-law Marj who said she would never camp, she didn't want to camp, was not even going to come on this trip but happily slept in a tent every night she was there. Way to go, Marj! Way to go everyone! We successfully camped :)

No comments: